Freedom meets opportunity
Join the new generation of work
✈️ Remote: Work from anywhere you like
✌️ Non-exclusive: We encourage you to have other clients
💫️ Ongoing: A regular stream of quality work
Are you a freelancer looking for regular part-time work?
You love the flexibility of freelancing but miss the communal environment of learning and winning as a team?
We’re looking for talented, passionate, digital-makers that roam the streets inquisitively and obsess over their craft… We’re SlowLettuce, Berlin’s UX design agency, helping early-stage tech startups find product market fit. See our current positions below, and learn more about us here.
What you can expect
🎓 Design Coaching: Strategic upskilling
🎨 Creative Freedom: The best idea wins—no blind authority
🤺 Robust Processes: Briefings written by a designer
All our clients are either advocates of Design Thinking, or have come to us looking to capitalize on its advantages. Our project management is also done by designers. For you this means:
- Clear problem-based briefings
- Open solutions
- Strong processes
We live and breathe design. It’s an extraordinary time to be creating digital products—we keep the industry’s values at our core. Openness, collaboration, shared-learning. We love creating great work, learning and growing while we do so.
Junior Product Manager - Freelance
We’re looking for an ambitious junior Product Manager to help us coordinate the multiple work-streams in our agency. You’ll work primarily on the product side, helping our designers to deliver amazing digital experiences to our clients. There will also be opportunities to assist our founder coordinating strategic growth initiatives.
You should have at least 1-2 years experience working in-house for a tech startup. From here, you’re looking to broaden your Product knowledge as fast as possible and look forward to the variety that an agency offers. You’re a natural problem solver, and love things organised.
With us you’ll learn:
- A formidable creative process
- How to brief creatives to get the best results
- How to navigate uncertainty to predictable outcomes
We are growing quickly and are interested in team members excited by the opportunity to grow as well. Upskilling is a super important part of our professional culture. This is a place that fast tracks careers.
Day to day you’ll work with 3 talented designers (UX, UI, and lead). You’ll help coordinate the following:
Role & responsibilities:
- Ownership of project timelines
- Coordinate deliverables and deadlines
- Help manage client communications
- Coordinate our iterative process
- Monitor / manage capacity
- Document our processes
- Optimise workflows
- Assist with growth initiatives
- Assist with business operations
- A LOVE of details
- An Asana wizard (we’re committed to this tool)
- Binary vision. If things aren’t right, they’re wrong.
- 1-2 years product experience in-house for a tech startup
- Experience with Figma
- User-centric thinker
- Knowledge of UX/UI
- Experience with OKRs
- An eye for the aesthetic
Applications via email please. Include a cover letter telling us why you believe you’ll make a great fit. Include your availability and expected hourly rate.
Marketing Coordinator - Freelance
We’re looking for a marketing generalist to help grow our agency. You’ll work closely with the founder and advisors to increase the quantity and quality of our lead generation. In doing so, you’ll learn first hand:
- How to grow a company (not just create materials)
- Robust problem solving processes
- Creative processes
- How to create persuasive offers
You should enjoy the challenge of confronting the unknown, but are looking for support in doing so. You see a broad range of topics as a day well spent. You’ve been frustrated at the slow pace of development in previous positions, that’s why you became a freelancer. With SlowLettuce, you can expect a healthy balance of freedom and support. With this you’ll be fast-tracking your way to senior level in no time.
What we offer:
- Highly structured working environment
- Openness to your ideas
- A focus on personal upskilling
Your areas of focus:
Marketing Objective: Raise awareness, and optimize lead generation
- Social media (specifically LinkedIn)
- SEO (homesite content)
- PR (outreach opportunities)
- Marketing strategy (your ideas will be heard)
- ~2 years startup experience
- Expertise in either social, content or paid (you’ll expand to all 3)
- Native English
- Relevant university degree
- Design knowledge / experience
- A side hustle
- German language
- Living in Berlin (though we’ll work remotely)
Applications via email please. Include a cover letter showing us why you stand out. Include your availability and expected hourly rate.
UX Designer - Freelance
Are you a mid-level UX designer looking to fast track your way to seniority? Do you love to transform business complexity into smooth user flows? We’re looking for a new addition to our product design team.
You’ll play a central role in our creative pipeline, taking ownership of product architecture, including navigation and user flows, mapping these out into clearly annotated wireframes. You’ll be shielded from client chaos, and get to focus on what you love—designing extraordinary experiences.
You’ll work within a team of talented designers with complementary skill sets. Upskilling through cross-pollination is a huge part of our culture. Strategic upskilling is also super important to us. You can expect to evolve towards either UI and/or business strategy.
- Proficient in Figma
- Relevant University Degree
- 3+ years product design experience
- Native or near-native English language skills
- Personal portfolio website (no Behance or PDFs)
- Living in Berlin (though we’ll work remotely)
- Coding knowledge
- Product manager experience
Apply via email, please include:
- Examples of your developmental process
- The most complex product you’ve worked on
- Your hourly rate and availability